Redhill Bowls Club – Fun Singles Competition – Round Robin
To be played under current Covid-19 Guidelines e.g. with social distancing and limited equipment – each player may utilise a personal mat and jack
This competition has been organised to provide some competitive play for the 2020 season.
- The competition will be a round robin event played over several weeks.
- Each match will be a duration of 16 ends or a maximum 90 minutes, no trial ends. No markers will be used. 4 bowls per player. No visiting the head.
- The player losing the toss to keep the score. One shot only on first two ends.
- On the first end the player winning the toss places the mat and the opponent places the jack at least 23m from the mat.
- The player number highlighted in red is responsible for arranging a date with their opponents before the play by date, and is responsible for booking the rink via the website.
- Points awarded – win = 3pts, draw = 1pt, If a player cannot play a match for which a date has been agreed then the opponent will receive 2pts.
- Shots not measured. Anything that cannot easily be determined will be declared a tie.
- Matches must be played using the 4.00pm and 6.00pm weekdays slots.
- If a player kills an end then they lose a shot. The end will not be replayed but will count towards the total number of ends.
- Any bowl that goes in the ditch is declared dead, even if it was a toucher.
- Jacks in the ditch remain live unless they leave the rink.
- Results to be sent by email to email@example.com on day of match.
- Score cards are on a table inside the clubhouse.